Window or Mirror

One of my favorite books that I have read again recently is Wonder. This book is about a kid who was born deformed. He was home schooled his whole life, but then decided that he wanted to go to normal school. There, he faced many challenges such as making friends, bullying, and more.

A window book is a book that makes you feel like your reading about someone else’s life, but a mirror book make you feel like your reading about a character who is similar to you. I think that this book is a window because I am not deformed, nor am I having trouble with other people at school. The main character, August, was also getting bullied at school and I don’t get bullied at school. Wonder by P.J. Palacio. This book is realistic fiction because these things could happen but it’s not a real situation. I often get window books because most books out there aren’t mirrors since I don’t relate to any of them. If there were to be someone who doesn’t focus much on school work and plays video games, then that would be a mirror for me. I think that it would be cool to read a book where I can relate to the main character or a side character .